Whatever necklace you’re after, know what story to tell. A necklace does more than make you look good – it’s a symbol of your remarkable journey in life, an adventure, or even reminds you of a particular place and time.
What story does your necklace tell?
Men’s necklaces have had their moment from the red carpet to everyday trends. And, the necklace doesn’t have to be made of gold – but it certainly has to be visible. After all, what’s the point of a necklace? To be seen, right?
Here’s our list of some of the best men’s necklaces in the market and what you need to know when it comes to picking a signature necklace.
Best Men’s Chain Necklaces: Types and Recommendations
1. Men’s 24’’ 9.5mm Curb Chain Necklace with Yellow Ion-Plate in Stainless Steel
The 9.5mm thick men’s necklace crafted in yellow ion-plate stainless steel metal is secured with a lobster claw clasp.
Additionally, the necklace helps you exhibit your bold, masculine side when draping this curb chain necklace around the neck. Moreover, the yellow-plated stainless steel with a high-polish finish ensures a versatile, classic look that pairs easily with the everyday look.
As a luxurious and opulent way to accessorize your outfit, the necklace is perfect and versatile and fits most outfits. In addition, its 24’’ length means that you stand out from the crowd. Arguably, this necklace best suits the man with style. It’s intended for the man that wants to remain unforgettable.
The unique look guarantees you unmatched elegance. Also, the retailer has an impeccable reputation. There’s terrific feedback from customers. Furthermore, the necklace creates an outstanding balance of elegance and symmetry suitable for everyday wear.
The necklace serves as a perfect gift for the man who appreciates the fine things in life. Its shimmering appearance makes him feel special and loved.
The best way to keep the necklace clean is by using a mild detergent and a soft cloth to wipe it clean.
- Reasonably priced
- It has a rugged, appealing look
- Yellow ion-plated silver sterling material enhances its beauty
- It’s free size and can be worn by most people
- Discolors over time
2. Men’s 24’’ Carbon Fiber Stainless Steel Box Chain
Amp up your style with these men’s box 24’’ carbon fiber classic box chain necklaces. The necklace has a polished finish, ensuring long-lasting shine and superior strength. Moreover, this stunning men’s box chain is crafted in polished black ion-plated stainless steel.
The 24’’ length makes the necklace easily visible, and the lobster claw clasp secures it during wear. You’ll also love that the chain is affordable and has a unique design that appeals to the eyes. This timeless, everyday style can be worn on its own or layered with favorites. It is crafted for the modern, fashion-savvy man.
Additionally, the necklace has no visible imperfections, meaning it is carefully crafted and will last you a long time. Its box design adds extra style to the design, and it doesn’t tarnish over time. Furthermore, the necklace is easy to maintain because you only need to wipe it with a soft cloth and mild detergent.
Also, it is designed to pair with most of your casual outfits. The black color gives the necklace some sparkle, making it appear upscale and expensive without being too overbearing. The best part? The carbon fiber means the necklace won’t tarnish over time.
- Sleek appearance
- Secures with a lobster clasp
- Crafted in lustrous black ion-plated stainless steel for durability
- Easy to maintain
- It may appear too long for those with short necks
3. Men’s Figaro Sterling Silver 24’’ Chain
The Men’s Figaro chain 24’’ necklace is crafted with sterling silver. Furthermore, the 24-inch necklace fastens using a lobster clasp and is electroplated with rhodium which means you have to take good care of it; otherwise, it may wear off with frequent use and poor maintenance.
Additionally, the beautifully interwoven links make the necklace attractive and comfortable to wear. The elegantly crafted necklace is an excellent addition to your jewelry collection. You will change the feel of your wardrobe with this minimalist necklace that adds a classy and stylish look.
Also, the necklace is buffed to a brilliant luster, and thanks to its reversible design, you can choose which side to put on every morning. And that’s not all; maintaining this necklace is very easy. A quick wipe with a mild detergent and a damp cloth is all you need to clean the chain.
In addition, it would be best if you took care not to expose the necklace to salty water, perfumes, lotions, and other harsh chemicals because they speed up the wear. Generally, we love this necklace because it comes without defects, is remarkably affordable, environmentally friendly, and is an excellent choice for any occasion.
Remember to store your necklaces in a dry place when not in use to prevent tarnishing.
- Trendy design
- It has a reversible design
- Long enough to offer flexibility when wearing
- Wears off with consistent use
4. 14K Yellow Gold Men’s Figaro 20’’ Length Link Chain
The classic Figaro necklace with long and medium length oval links gives this 20’’ necklace a distinctive appeal. Crafted with 14K yellow gold, the necklace secures with a lobster clasp. This stylish necklace is both versatile and handsome.
The Figaro Necklace is one-of-a-kind and worth the purchase. It comes with a heightened level of intrigue and style, two aspects that make this necklace a formidable piece in menswear accessories. Furthermore, the necklace centers around creating timeless pieces meant to stay in your life forever.
Made to produce a statement necklace, this piece gives men the power to express their style. Thus, men who appreciate modernity will fall in love with this signature necklace unsurpassed in attention to detail and craftsmanship.
The necklace has unapologetically doubled down on the punk aesthetics. From this neckpiece, you realize that the manufacturer understood the assignment; to produce a chain that celebrates the inner rebel.
- A long-lasting design
- It’s an excellent option for a gift
- 14 Karat gold makes it high quality
- It comes in a single color
5. Men’s Stainless Steel Necklace Box Set
The chain features 6mm thick stainless steel links having a black ion-plated accent. What you’ll love about this 22’’ necklace is that it comes with an 8.5’’ matching bracelet, and both are secure with lobster clasps.
This necklace helps men achieve a signature look by brilliantly mixing the stainless steel with ion-plated accents to match your style. The chain is what you want to wear if you want something flashy that catches the eye. Also, note that the right way to wear the necklace and bracelet is by wearing them alone as the focal point of jewelry.
Moreover, the links create a beautiful braided pattern. The design is symmetrical and harmonious, pleasing the eye with its thickness. Also, its unique and durable design makes it stand out from the crowd, and it endures daily wear quickly for years.
A timeless classic, wearing this necklace gives you a sophisticated look. Its simple yet attractive design makes it great for everyday wear and keeps things sophisticated. This is the necklace of choice for the man who’s not afraid to show off his style.
Most men love this understated yet positive vibe. The necklace allows the wearer to customize their look to suit their style.
- Elegant and stylish
- Secures with a lobster claw clasp
- Great for any outfit
- Fairly priced
- Perfect as a gift
- It comes only in one color
6. PRIMO Men’s 24” 9mm Cross Link Neck Chain in Stainless Steel
PRIMO Men’s 24” 9mm Cross Link Neck Chain in Stainless Steel is a jewelry item that offers a great deal of comfort and style. This neck chain is made using high-grade stainless steel, making it sturdy enough to last for years to come, even with constant use.
Its 9mm width also ensures that it does not cause discomfort when worn around the neck or chest region. The stainless steel material used to make this neck chain also ensures that it does not rust or tarnish over time. The set comes with a lobster claw clasp, which helps keep the necklace fastened securely.
It features a series of crosses cleverly designed in each link to create a unique style. This 24-inch stainless steel neck chain comes with a jewelry box for secure storage when not in use.
- The cross-link design of this neck chain provides a unique style.
- The lobster claw clasp is easy to fasten and unfasten.
- It comes in a jewelry box for safe storage when not worn.
- A 24-inch length may prove to be too bulky for some.
7. 22” Men’s Franco Chain Blue Ion-Plating Necklace in Stainless Steel
22″ Men’s Franco Chain is a stylish and masculine jewelry item that makes for a great gift or an addition to one’s collection. It features a 22-inch length, making it suitable for people of most heights. The stainless steel material used to make the links ensures that it can last for years to come, even with constant use. The ion-plating on the blue links gives this neck chain a unique shine that will attract attention.
The 22″ Men’s Franco Chain Blue Ion-Plating Necklace in Stainless Steel comes in a gift box or jewelry pouch for safe storage when not in use. It is recommended for every man who wants to add some style to his attire without compromising comfort.
- It features a 22-inch length, making it suitable for most men.
- The stainless steel material ensures better durability and does not rust over time.
- masculine necklace
- Constructed from silver-tone
- It’s long
Men’s Necklaces – Your Ultimate Buying Guide
Gold is undoubtedly the material of choice, but that’s not the only option.
Also, you need to choose wisely so that you don’t stray into ‘tacky’ territory. Hence, you need to leave the oversized necklaces for rappers. You can therefore choose thinner, more understated designs.
To ensure depth and richness of color, it is advisable that you choose the best quality material, for example, gold (look for 14 Karat and above). That said, for your first selection of necklaces, opt for gold-plated solid sterling silver necklaces to keep the cost down (see also bronze necklaces). Set a gold chain against black or a darker shade to create sophisticated contrast.
Additionally, silver offers a classic, comfortable, effortless option for a man’s necklace and should be considered a safe place. It serves as a subtle option that works well with traditional menswear. For longevity, opt for solid silver sterling rather than silver-tone designs.
Size and Length
The thickness of a necklace determines how much statement you’ll make. If you choose a simple design without a pendant, opt for 2mm-6mm and 18-22 inches (finishing just below the collar bone) length.
On the other hand, pendants look better with a slightly longer chain, between 25-28 inches, ending at the middle of the chest.
When do you add a pendant? If you wish for something classic and minimal, you will steer clear of a pendant. But why not? A pendant offers you the chance to add something intriguing and personal, allowing you room for self-expression. There are many pendant varieties out there, so you need to shop around for something that suits your personality (see genesis necklaces).
How to Wear Men’s Chain Necklaces
Follow these guides on how to wear men’s chance necklaces.
- Know how the metals fit your wardrobe: Generally, gold tones, even the softer rose gold, pair better with dark shades. Meanwhile, silver compliments neutrals like greens, grays, and black.
- Decide your vibe: Determine your style. If you intend to achieve an expensive look, invest in 14K or higher alloys because gold-plated necklaces look cheap.
- Consider the length: Where do you intend to have a necklace fall? Most men prefer 25 to 28 inches because it hits at the center of the chest. Meanwhile, 18 to 22 inches necklaces go below the collarbone. Anything below this becomes a choker.
- Determine the thickness: Generally, the thicker the necklace, the greater the statement appeal. Therefore, you need a 2mm to 6mm wide necklace for your everyday look.
Types of Chain Necklaces for Men
Below are some types of chain necklaces for men.
- Cable Chain: It is created through connecting oval links and resembles an actual chain.
- Curb Chain: Curb chain necklaces is made from interlocking links when they lay flat.
- Anchor Chain/Marine Chain: Its inspiration comes from ship anchor chains.
- Figaro Chain: Its pattern resembles flat oval links. Typically, the design follows one large link and then 2 to 3 shorter links.
- Rope Chains: Rope chain necklaces consist of chains intertwined together, resembling a rope. Therefore, a rope chain is famous for its strength and is often used with pendants.
- Wheat Chains: In a wheat chain necklace, oval links intertwine in the same direction to resemble wheat stalks.
- Ball Chain: The ball chain is used for dog tags and key chains on most occasions.
- Herringbone Chain: This chain is characterized by v-shaped links in alternating directions.
- Box Chain: The box chain has square links hence its name. Box necklaces have different widths and are best used in hanging pendants.
- Snake Chain: The snake chain is a mix of omega and herringbone chains. Therefore, snake chains have tightly connected bands or plates that look like snakeskins. It results in a round, zig-zag, smooth pattern. A snake chain fits perfectly as a pendant necklace.
Q. Should Men Wear Necklaces?
A. Yes. Men should wear necklaces. In the world of jewelry, there are no gender rules. The only limiting factor is your style preferences.
Q. Are Men’s Necklaces in Style in 2023?
A. Men’s necklaces are in style in 2023. They continue to be more popular so that you can make your fashion statement with these timeless pieces.
Q. What is the Best Type of Necklace for a Man?
A. Men’s necklaces currently in style are:
- Leather necklaces
- Beaded necklaces
- Religious necklaces
- Pendant necklaces
- Chain necklaces
- Dog tags
Q. How Thick Should a Man’s Chain Be?
A man’s chain needs to fit his body size. If you’re a slender guy, slim chains between 2mm–4mm fit well. If you’re big-bodied, a thicker chain looks more proportional.
Q. What is the Most Popular Men’s Chain Length?
The most popular men’s necklace length is around 20 inches. Most necklace lengths typically fall at the collar bone. However, we suggest a slightly longer chain if the necklace includes a dog tag, cross, or medallion.
Q. Do Men Wear Gold Chains?
A. Yes, men wear gold necklaces. Gold necklaces are a classic accessory, and they not only look great on everyone but also add a touch of luxury and edginess to your outfit.
The Bottom Line
There you have it – some great men’s necklace options you can choose. We hope you better understand what necklace styles are popular with men. All the picks in our list come with a high price-to-quality ratio.
Also, before you’ve settled on your choice, keep in mind the length of the necklace. The same chain in a different length can give a completely different vibe, so it is crucial to choose the right length.