If you are ready to pierce your toddler’s ears, you must have adequate information beforehand to guide you when selecting a suitable style of earrings for them. First, ensure you use surgical stainless steel needles during the ear piercing session. It is suitable to use the best surgical stainless steel earrings to ensure the ear lobes heals well.
Top 3 Earrings for Toddlers
- Secure enough
- Last a lifetime
[Best for the Money]
- Very cute
- Materials free from nickel and lead
- 18K gold plating
As a parent, caring about their health and well-being is necessary to make sure this process goes smoothly.
Hence, eliminating chances of causing any discomfort later on down the line. The first thing to do is to start by knowing how to pick the best earrings for toddlers.
Best Earrings for Toddlers Reviews
1. [Best Overall] Child’s Polished Hoop Earrings in 14K Gold
If you want your toddler to wear something different from your average earrings that match every outfit, this unique hoop earring style is perfect.
The lightweight hoop earrings are made using pure 14-carat gold. It also comes in a metal color yellow polished throughout for an excellent appearance. It also gives off brightness when lit up by lights at night or under sunlight.
This makes this metal appear warmer than other similar-looking alloys even though they’re very close shades from one another – so much more interesting.
- It’s secure enough even for toddlers who are always running around
- The earrings are hypoallergenic, and this means they are very safe for underage children
- They are of a high-quality considering they are crafted using 14-carat gold material
- Gold earrings last a lifetime, meaning the pair of earrings will last for long and will accentuate your baby’s natural beauty
- It’s pretty expensive compared to other earrings on this list
2. [Best for the Money] Children’s Cubic Zirconia Butterfly Earrings 14K Yellow Gold | Kay
For $74.99, these beautiful children’s earrings are made using cubic zirconias. They are white stone-shaped and round in size measuring 2mm each. The earrings have a ravishing design with butterfly closure containing metal made from 14k gold.
These natural gemstones are not strangers to enhancement processes such as heating, oiling, and diffusion.
While this doesn’t always leave a permanent effect, the instructions about caring for and cleaning your baby’s earrings properly are essential so they don’t get too dirty or sm
These enhancements are not permanent and require special care – they should be cleaned by rinsing using warm water and drying with a soft cloth.
- The features of these butterfly earrings make them cute for toddlers
- Its tiny size makes the product perfect to be used by girls, kids, or women who want an equally wonderful gift in their arsenal that can also double as decor on someone else’s desk
- It is made using materials free from nickel and lead, making it suitable for babies with susceptible skin
- It’s made using 18K gold plating ensures long-term durability
- It includes a double-notched butterfly lock for additional security, ensuring kids cannot remove and swallow them
- The earring is not as gleaming and appealing, especially for small children
3. [Best for Constantly Moving Children] Child’s Cubic Zirconia Butterfly Stud Earrings in 14K Gold
The Butterfly Stud Earrings are a beautiful white cubic zirconia earring set covered in 14K gold. They come with an eye-catching design and are lightweight, making them perfect for toddlers. They are also hypoallergenic, meaning they are safe to wear for allergic and sensitive-skinned toddlers.
These stud earrings feature cubic zirconias on a white background. They come with screw backs to be worn as fashionable hoops or screwed into place when not being used.
This makes them great options, whether your toddler is spending time at home or out having fun, playing, and exploring her world while wearing something that looks chic but also secure.
They come at an affordable price, meaning that if they’re still available for purchase, you’ll have the best deal.
- These earrings are the best for constantly moving children because they will not get caught up in things
- Because the earrings are hypoallergenic, they are suitable for children of all ages, even 0-3 months
- They are of exceptional quality because they are made of 14-karat gold
- They come in various colors, so you may get several for your little girl to match her style and clothing for the day
- The posts are not very long, so you can ensure your baby will not get poked wearing them
- It is only available in a Main Stone round shape.
These 14K yellow gold hoop earrings are the perfect way to show off your love for all things heart-shaped. They feature a subtle design with delicate faceting and snap-lock backs.
These child-sized hoops fasten securely, so they’ll stay in place no matter what your child will do – including dancing crazily around the house or taking part in other energetic activities like running around the yard(although we don’t recommend it).
Children’s Hoop Earrings 14K Two-Tone Gold comes at a discounted price of $41.24. It’s crafted using 14k gold and comes with two-tone metal Color with a hinged backing for secure fitting (electroplated or finished).
The earring’s design features include hoops that measure 1/2 inch in diameter at the widest point & 2 inches long from tip of ear wire to bottom edge, which can be worn by toddlers.
- They are available in dominant colors, meaning you will have a variety of colors to pick from when making a selection for your child
- They are lightweight
- They are a perfect pair to give a child as a gift
- They are available in small sizes for babies of all ages from zero to three months and even for older kids
- They are easy to twist on-and-off style and add safety and comfort for your child
- The earrings may require frequent cleaning to keep them shiny and in good condition.
Every child needs a pair of earrings, and these lab-created rubies with 14K yellow gold are just what you need.
They’re perfect for birthday gifts as the screw-backs secure the studs in place.
They can also wear these gold earrings all day long because they won’t irritate the toddler’s sensitive skin as other materials might do.
Ruby used on the earrings is a delicate gem subject to enhancement processes or treatments such as heating, diffusion, and filling. These procedures may not always work for permanent results, so it’s essential to take care when trying them out to avoid damage.
Gently clean by rinsing your Ruby with warm water, then wipe off excess moisture before drying gently using cloths designed to clean gems without hurting their natural appearance like silk towels do. Avoid chemicals- use soap if needed.
Ruby stones are often cleansed using various techniques, including heating (to improve color), and diffusing into another material at high pressure from one source to another.
- Their beautiful butterfly appearance makes them more attractive to toddlers
- They are hypoallergenic and nickel-free, meaning they are safe for babies’ sensitive ear lobe
- They come with a screw back, meaning they will stay in place without the risk of falling off
- They are an ideal gift for little girls.
- They are not resizable, meaning your child will eventually outgrow them after a while
- They require regular cleaning to keep them in good condition.
The perfect gift for toddlers, these bright blue cubic zirconia earrings are made of 14K yellow gold with screw backs. The sturdy yet lightweight design makes them great to wear at any time.
They retail at $48.74 and come with 14K yellow gold cubic zirconia stones in an elegant round shape that measures 40 millimeters across the top.
They are 30 mm along each side for 10 minor points weighing approximately 3 grams per pair (1/2 pound).
The design features our logo on one side and “It’s All About You” messaging on another, which perfectly shows your personality.
The natural gemstones in the earrings have had an enhancement technique or treatment like heating, waxing, oiling, to mention a few. This treatment may not be permanent, and it may need extra care after purchase such as cleaning in warm water and drying with a soft cloth.
- They are quite affordable
- They are hypoallergenic, meaning they are safe for babies prone to skin reactions
- They have an attractive design and style
- They are lightweight and very comfortable for sensitive ears
- They are not resizable
These sparkling heart-shaped babygirl earrings are a perfect everyday look for any little fashionista.
Each piece is crafted from 14k gold and set with an adorable 4mm heart-shaped crystal, making the earrings extra special in their simplicity to let her personality shine through.
These earrings’ screw-back style keeps them secure so she can go about looking like one of nature’s most elegant creations all day long without worrying that they’ll fall off or get lost. It’s no surprise that this heart-shaped crystal gemstone is an excellent choice for toddlers. The rich yellow-gold metal finish with polished edges will add a touch of elegance to any outfit a child wears, while the screw-back design ensures maximum comfort all day long.
- Easy to fasten with the screw backs safety screw
- The heart-shaped crystal design gives them an appealing look
- They are comfortable and lightweight
- They are nickel-free, thus very great for sensitive skins
- The earrings are girly, thus only suitable for girls.
These 14K gold stud and nickel-free earrings feature the iconic figure of Minnie Mouse crafted in gorgeous yellow material.
Cubic zirconia sparkles at both ends, giving off an elegant look while wearing it.
They come in gold or silver materials and don’t have a wide enough color selection. The new line of fashion studded quartz gems is just right – with 14K yellow brass-plated metal for durability.
They also have a payable cubic zirconia center stone that can be set anywhere around their surface to match any outfit, which makes them a perfect pair of everyday earrings. You can easily put them on your toddler’s ears and they are tight enough, allowing your child to remain comfortable throughout the day.
- Attractive Minnie mouse design for small girls
- They are lead-free, making them great for young toddlers
- They are lightweight and hypoallergenic for safety
- Available in cute shapes for everyday wear and style
- They have a limited selection
- They are expensive
These toddler stud earrings are a perfect gift for the little one in your life.
They come with gold-plated hardware and a feature of post design, which means they’ll fit securely with no hooks or wires.
The stars measure 6mm across, meaning these will be durable enough to last through many years of wear and tear. With screw-backs that secure them just as nicely once you’ve put them on your child.
There is a stone to suit every parent’s taste. The best part about these earrings is they come colored white so that even when mixed with other metals like gold 4k (which will be what shines through), it doesn’t stand out as much because of their pure white color.
- They have screwed back for extra firmness while in use
- Lightweight, therefore comfortable in the baby’s ear
- They are durable to last a lifetime
- They are hypoallergenic and, therefore safe for sensitive skins
- They require regular cleaning
Why Are Toddler Earrings Different From Adult Earrings
Toddlers have smaller and more tender ears than adults; therefore, they cannot wear the same earrings as an adult would. The best earrings for small ears should be light enough not to weigh down toddlers’ tiny ears. They also have shorter posts, so it’s easier on the little one’s ears and backs them with extra measures to keep them in place.
Unlike adults who can wear and withstand any earring size, it’s crucial to get your child an earring in the correct size. The wrong size can cause discomfort and even injury.
You’ll want to ensure their ears are protected by selecting earrings explicitly made for toddlers.
At this age, they might have smaller holes to prevent any scratching from occurring when wearing these pieces or getting lost because of movement within an environment where things are shifting around often, such as playtime activities.
Continue reading to understand what you need to know about your toddler’s earrings needs;
What Are the Best Earrings for a Two-Year-Old?
When choosing the best earrings for two-year-old babies, it’s essential to consider the design as it matters a lot since it can determine safety. At age two, the baby moves a lot and is likely to get caught in things. They are also expected to touch them often and even try to remove them at some point.
It’s therefore essential to ensure the earrings you get for your two-year-old child are easy to slip on and will stay in place throughout the day. Below are a few ideal designs that are suitable for two-year olds:
Butterfly back earrings are easily recognizable because of their looping design, which symbolizes beautiful wings.
These earrings have quick-release hooks so that you can slip them onto the ears of your ever-moving and playful baby. Butterfly back earrings are easy to take off and offer convenience and security.
Screw-back earrings are a great way to prevent babies from removing their new jewelry. However, some designs have an exposed post which can poke them in the ear and cause pain or discomfort when they wear it for long periods. So be very careful when making a purchase.
The best type of screw-backs will cover up your child’s ears while still keeping firm placement against them.
What Is the Ideal Size of Toddler Earrings?
The baby’s earrings need to be lightweight and not too heavy for the perfect fit. The smaller their body size, the smaller the earrings they should wear.
Toddler earrings also come in smaller sizes. Typically, three or four millimeters will fit them better than larger hoop earrings for older kids who are now big enough to wear adult jewelry.
When selecting toddlers’ earrings, ensure to choose covered backings that are more comfortable if your little one needs earrings for sensitive ears. Also, it is even better if there is an adjustable back to keep them comfortable during playtime.
We recommend shorter posts that make everything much easier on small children’s delicate skin around their neck area.
Below are some key points you should have in the back of your mind when buying earrings for your toddler:
Be Practical When Buying Toddlers’ Earrings
They will most likely stretch or scratch the item, which is why you must buy durable and simple pieces, so they don’t break easily in your home. Make sure they also have secure and protective back screws that will protect the back of your toddler’s ears.
Keep It Stylish
This is a great time to start building your child’s style. It would help if you found something that goes with their personality and interests for them to feel comfortable and look pretty.
Keep Safety a Priority
Keep safety first by considering your child’s age and what type of jewelry they can wear at that point in their life cycle. In addition to making sure pieces are swallow-proof for toddlers who always put things inside their mouths when playing with them. Make double-checks on clasps too.
Keep It Subtle
Buying huge earrings for your toddler is not ideal. Small gold stud earrings are the best for these tiny humans who are always moving up and down. Ensure they will not get entangled in places around the house when they crawl.
When shopping for toddler earrings, remember that there are more than just beautiful shapes and colors to consider. You want kid-friendly features and materials to protect their little ears from potential damage or discomfort when wearing the jewelry.
This means you should choose hypoallergenic earrings for nickel allergy made with genuine gold or silver materials that are nickel-free.
Also, always check if the material of the earrings meets or exceeds industry standards regarding purity levels. This helps to ensure your children’s health remains intact even after such an adorable addition has come into her world.